Coding phase 1 Week 1 June 15, 2008Posted by taufiqaalam in Uncategorized.
Week 1 (26th May – 2nd June)
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
- My friend Abdullah (mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org), who is collaborating with me and giving me a helping hand for my GSoc project met my mentor Brian Aker in the India Shock Tour 2008. link : http://in.sun.com/sunnews/events/2008/mysql/
- Ran through the mysql slap code with Brian Aker and obtained tips from him as well as learnt some more about the “Exciting Requirements” for mysqlslap.
- We are currently reviewing various options for extending mysqlslap
- Initially we had thought of adding some functions to mysqlslap
- Brian Aker gave us a few suggestions with respect to developing an interpreter for mysqlslap. (Thank you Brian J).
- Working on feasibility and time needed for the various ideas thought up so far.
- Browsed through the blog archives of Brian Aker for articles on mysqlslap and found the following useful articles (since December 28th 2005)
KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
· Planned to install mysql on cygwin
o Obtained a copy from the server using bk but getting an error while installing in the final stage during “make install” on cygwin
TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
- Plan thus far
- Timings :
- 9:00 to 12:00 a.m. (Monday to Saturday) (minimum)
- +5 hours on Sundays
- To go through the mysqlslap code and supporting documents thoroughly.
- Start implementing the ability to Update many rows.
- Timings :
- Besides the above :
- Will be learning more about scripting languages such as Lua so that we can embed some of the principles of Lua into mysqlslap